24 August 2015

NIKÉ Longboard design


I always like to work on projects ,that are more difficult to do,because people will enter some subjects,that you cannot imagine,or the shape of the thing you´re gonna paint on is unusual.
Or you ŕe just not in the mood ,so you rather work on everything else ,just not on the thing you should :-D...


This was also the case of painting my first longboard design.
When I first heard it should be Niké ,the Goddess of victory design I couldn ´t imagine how will I make it...
But then I looked on some old Greece statues of the goddesses and started to imagine some ideas.


First I sprayed the both sides of the board with a metallic spray.
Now, I have a perfect foundation for painting with edding markers.
I like the metallic color a lot,because itś shinny and I wanted to paint a sunshine in the background of Niké.



I prepaired a small sketch of the Niké Goddess on paiper and than I started to draw with the markers.
The Goddess was the only theme I couldn´t change. In everything else I had free hands.


The work took me 11 hours,but in the morning the longboard desing was finished.
In the end I covered the design with a transparent varnish and let it dry.


                                          Sometimes it takes me longer to draw something,but nothing is impossible !