12 January 2016

Jungle skate design


When Lukas Daněk wrote me to Costa Rica if I would like to join as an artist his project RIDE FOR HAPPINESS  ( http://www.ride4happiness.com  / https://www.facebook.com/RFHappiness?ref=hl )
 I could not say no.
I know Lukas for a long time as a skateboarder and a friend from Czech republic.Few years ago he started to work on this amazing project with his wife Karolina. I´m wathing their work  for longer time and itś always nice to see how they motivate young people and destroy the boundaries between the communities.


 "Ride For Happiness aims to discover and nurture new talents in sport, art, and music while promoting positive role models. Working with the Roma community is crucial for us. Through Ride [For Happiness] we want to break [down] negative stereotypes while fighting racism and discrimination of [the] Roma community.”

                                 Itś a big pleasure for me that I can support them with my art!
I always like to support projects and charities that work on to make a better life conditions for children and young people.

      I received few skate decks from Lukas and I will overpaint them with some of my nature designs.
They are planning a big exhibition with all the overpainted skateboards from children and artists.
People can also join the auction of the arts to help to support the Ride for happiness project.  I will write you more details about this event soon...I will be happy for everyone who would like to join it.



                           Here are some pictures of the Jungle skate design I made for them.
                        I took inspiration from the last trip to Central Amerika with my friends .
                            Itś full of jungle animals and flora which  I liked there so much.
I painted both sides of the skateboard so that one and the other are interconnected to form a single,jungle image.For overpainting I used edding markers and acrylic colors.
I will put a transparent grip on the top side of the skateboard,so the new owner can normaly use it and also see the designs from both sides.


And here is the finished jungle design ...