11 March 2016

Riders on the storm


 I made this "Riders on the storm" skate design specialy for my friend Tom Granier ( France ).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaDa7Eb4VcM
He asked me to paint a skate for him after he saw some of my works on my instagram profile.
https://www.instagram.com/zabkasworld/
His only criteria were : to use Mountains,The Doors, cupcake and plush.
First I thought it will be hard to connect all these themes into one design,but after I watched some of Tom´s freeski video edits and listened to some songs from The Doors I had it !




                      I draw The Doors portraits into clouds and placed them over the mountains.
But the picture was too blue for me ,so I draw the pink sunset in the background .It makes the perfect contrast to the blue color and now the whole design looks more oldschool ,too.
I choose pink ,also because fluff animals are from plush and mostly are pink,so I used next item from the themes which Tom wanted for his design.The only thing I didnt use is the cake,because that would not fit into the concept of this design. I fixed the final picture with a transparent,spray lacquer.


I´m happy I could paint something for this guy ,who loves and enjoyes the nature so much as me .
I already send the skateboard to him,so I hope he will send me some  pictures when he receives it.
Have fun Tom ! ...and " for the few !"