07 August 2016

Medusa skate design








Here is another one from my both - sides skateboard designs. I call this one ¨The Medusa.¨ I took the inspiration from the Greek mythology ,from the story about gorgon Medusa which hair was full of snakes and everyone who looked into her eyes turned into a stone. She was beheaded by the antic hero Perseus.




I used golden acrylic color for the background and black and white edding markers for details .
In the end I also used fluorescence color for the skin of  the two big snakes .
When you turn of the light their skin starts to glow in the dark and it looks like they would move.
I made two different designs on the board ,but they are connected and together they make one whole.
The work on the skateboard took me 3 days,but once I started to paint I couldn ´t stop.
In the end I covered the both designs with transparent lacquer spray.